Monday, September 14, 2015

Crises of Entrepreneurship


There are four main crises of entrepreneurship. Crippling in their own ways and each more severe than the previous... To be an entrepreneur, everyone has to overcome them. Sometime it takes a short while, sometimes a lifetime. But overcome we must! 

First : Crisis of Money : The coffers are getting empty. How long can it go on like this? 


You overcome this with Confidence. It is just a matter of time. After all, you know about this stuff and you will figure it out soon enough.

Second : Crisis of Confidence : I started that stuff because I thought I knew about it, I was good at it. I had the experience, expertise, all the right credentials. But if that was so, why are things not happening? Why are there no results? Maybe I fooled myself. Maybe I was wrong after all. Yes, there must be something wrong in what I am doing.

You overcome this with Resolve. You will not be defeated by this. You will show the world. You will prove them all wrong.

Third : Crisis of Resolve : It's my life, my choices. And I am willing to pay the price. But now my choices are effecting my family. They are causing misery to my loved ones. Is it worth it? Do I have the moral right to cause this misery? 

You overcome this with Hope. Hope is one of the most powerful forces known to man. You keep hoping and keep pushing. With all the books on positive thinking, autobiographies of successful people, self-help guides to the 'secrets' of the world and with sheer dogged pride, you keep trudging. As they say, 'jaane kis mor pe narayan mil jayen.' 

Fourth : Crisis of Hope : But how long? Hope needs signs and encouragement. Sometimes it just gets too long and lonely. That light at the end of the dark tunnel, is it just a mirage? Or my mind playing tricks on me? Maybe Master Yoda is right when he says, “If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play”.

You overcome this with FAITH.

Faith is a deep realisation that this is who I am and this is what I do. That there are and will be consequences of who I have chosen to be, and that's alright. Faith is holding your intention and vision aloft, almost as something sacred, while you keep doing your thing. Faith is making that ultimate choice when you transcend the choice barrier itself and after which there is no choice left, no looking back, no fear... Then you flow. You become your vision even as you detatch yourself from the anxiety of results. 

And then, my friend, you arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment